If selected, how will I need to prepare my photos?
- Thoughtfully consider the dimensions of your finished entry for the exhibition and awards competition. While it may be less expensive to produce, frame, and ship smaller prints, some images come to life in larger formats.
- Photos need to be printed in high resolution with no watermark or logo.
- Mount each accepted image on rigid backing.
- Mat with presentation-quality white mat board (minimum 2-inch border). No off-white or colored mats will be accepted.
- Frame with glass, plexi, or conservation glass in a standard, black, metal frame. Examples can be found at www.pictureframes.com. (It is highly recommended that you don’t use non-glare glass).
- Attach wire for hanging. No saw tooth hangers or clips will be accepted.
- Print your photo entry cards and photo tags
- Spiva reserves the right to not hang an image if the quality of the print is not consistent with the quality of the digital image submitted.
What are the packing & shipping requirements?
- Print and complete photo tags for each accepted image.
- Attach photo tag to the back of framed print in the upper left corner.
- Print and complete entry card. Be sure to include insurance value, even if your entry is not for sale (NFS).
- Prepare return shipping documents. You are responsible for shipping costs to and from Spiva. Unless you hand-deliver your work, you must include a prepaid, return shipping label (FedEx, UPS, or US Mail) with your framed photographs. COD returns are not permitted. Be sure to complete the “Return Insurance” box on your entry card. A filled out shipping form is not a label!
- Pack exhibition prints, entry card, and return shipping documents. All accepted work—including hand-delivered photographs—must be packaged in sturdy, reusable containers. Fiber cases and bubble wrap or foam sheeting are preferred. PLEASE DO NOT USE PACKING PEANUTS. Recommended boxes are Framed Art Boxes available through FedEx: http://www.fedex.com/us/office/packandship/packing-services.html#specialtyboxes
What important dates should I remember?
Entry Period: October 30, 2018 - January 1, 2019 @ Midnight
Opening Reception: Friday, March 22, 2019 @ 5:30 - 7:30 pm
Exhibition: March 23, 2019 - May 18, 2019
Portfolio Reviews: March 23 from 10 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 3:30 pm
Juror's Lecture: March 23 @ 7 pm
Ship or Deliver Your Work To: Spiva Center for the Arts | 222 W. Third Street | Joplin, MO 64801
Entries must arrive by 5 p.m., Friday, March 8, 2019
Return of Work: At the latest, return shipments will begin Friday, May 24, 2019. Undeliverable return shipments will become the property of Spiva Center for the Arts after 120 days.
Hand-delivered work pick-up will be May 21-25, 2019 from 10 am - 5 pm