October 9 – December 11, 2021
74th Annual Membership Show
It’s the time of year once again to showcase the Joplin region’s impressive visual arts talent in our Main Gallery. Spiva’s annual Membership Show is
one of the most anticipated exhibits of the year and is unique to most any other exhibition in this gallery. Spiva members were asked to enter works
of any artistic medium to be displayed to the public for two months. This gives anyone the opportunity to let their creative light shine no matter where they are in their artistic journey.
The award categories for this show are distinguished between two-dimensional and three-dimensional works and was juried by artist, Robert Russell. Monetary awards to winners were provided by the Dr. & Mrs. John C. Windle Fund.
Artists ages 17 and younger were encouraged to enter work of any and all mediums under the Youth Category. All of these artists received recognition and were presented with awards provided by the Donna Gilbreth Memorial Fund.
- 1st Place: John Bremer
- 2nd Place: Veronica Carr
- 3rd Place: Justin Kidston
- Merit Award: Judith Fowler
- Merit Award: Sandra Parrill
- Honorable Mention: Paula Giltner
- Juror’s Recognition: Joan Banks
- 1st Place: Melody Knowles
- 2nd Place: Justin Hale
- 3rd Place: Erin Poor
- Merit Award: Richard Reed
- Merit Award: Linda Ellard-Brown
- Honorable Mention: Angel Brame
- Juror’s Recognition: Ann Leach
“Celebrate the creative experience – be a community catalyst.”